20sb is hosting a winter-themed Pinterest Party!
What’s a Pinterest Party?
It’s fun to keep track of great ideas on Pinterest, but it seems that most of us rarely actually create any of the things we pin. A Pinterest Party is a challenge to follow through on your big ideas!
This December, we challenge you to MAKE OR DO ANYTHING based on inspiration you found on Pinterest (pinspiration?). Small or big, as long as it is winter or holiday-inspired. Let your pinning imagination go wild! Perhaps now is finally the time to:
- Try that new recipe for Christmas morning cinnamon rolls, slow cooker peppermint mochas, or snowman cupcakes.
- Decorate your tree with an Alice in Wonderland theme.
- Print some of those free “holly jolly” prints and frame them for a festive wall display.
- Plan a fancy party complete with holiday cocktails.
- Strut your stuff in that glittery high waisted skirt that you think looks great on people on Pinterest, but you’re not sure you can pull it off. We’ve got your back; you’re going to look great! Wear it for your office’s Christmas party!
- Do a photoshoot of a couple wrapped in lights. Those are popular!
- Attempt a super detailed gingerbread house from scratch, not from one of those Trader Joe’s kits.
- DIY gifts! Perhaps your uncle would like beer dressed as reindeer or a modge-podged tin of homemade fudge.
- Customize a wreath. Maybe you have an excess of yarn or fabric or ribbons or mistletoe…
- Get creative with your fireplace mantle. It’s not just for stockings anymore!
- Paint your nails with candy cane stripes.
- Think outside the box when it comes to wrapping gifts. Newspaper? Butcher paper and stamps? Your toddler’s artwork?
If it’s a festive winter project that is inspired by something you’ve pinned, it counts! If you can pin it, you can do or make it… kinda like Field of Dreams but without James Earl Jones.
So here’s how this works:
- Get inspired and take action.
2. Blog about it! Maybe take step-by-step photos, or give us a before & after tour, or even record a vlog of the event. Documentation is a must, though. Pics or it didn’t happen, people
3. Be sure to link back to the original pin that inspired you. Credit where credit is due!
4. Let us know that you participated! Post a link to your own blog post on the comments section below. We’ll pin your project on the 20sb Winter Pinterest Party Pin Board!
5. At the end of December, we’ll feature of a few of your projects that were our favourites.
ONE LUCKY PARTICIPANT WILL EARN A TOKEN OF OUR APPRECIATION! So be sure to comment here with a link to your post by DECEMBER 26 in order to be eligible to win.
And remember, no pressure to be perfect. We’re happy that you followed through on some pinspiration whether you created a masterpiece or pulled off a “Pinterest Nailed It.”
Don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest!